- Can I record phone conversations ?
- Change the default RecForge directory
- Record on the external SDCard
- Automate a recording with tasker ?
- Automate a recording with adb ?
- Using an external Microphone
- List of devices supporting « True Stereo » recording mode
- RecForge create .recforge2 files, what is that ?
- I recorded something, but I can’t find my files
- How to back up files ?
- I deleted an important file, how can I recover it ?
- How to add a widget ?
- How to add a home screen widget ?
- What is the recording compatibility mode ?
- How to disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) ?
- How to change audio recording format ?
- How to adjust Gain ?
- How to loop on a file ?
- RecForge’s wav view commands
- Playback plays sound at double or triple speed as if the pitch has been turned up
- I can’t find my files when I connect my phone to my computer
- It doesn’t record when the screen is off
- Error 504 when updating the application
- Problems with clean master
- « RecForge stops at startup », « Recforge get killed after x minutes » or « I lost all my recordings after a system update »
Thank you for using RecForge.
RecForge II is a powerfull dictaphone and audio editor for Android.
It allows to Record, Play, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio media.
- Record meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, …
- Play and use the loop feature for memorization, actor lines, bible memory, recitations, …
- Edit your audio files for ringtones, commentary, …
- Archive it using cloud storage services or share it with your friends by mail, social networks, …
Main features :
- Real-time record in mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav
- Play, record, pause / resume, loop, convert, edit, concat, merge audio files
- Time stretching with playing rate, tone and pitch adjustment
- Schedule recordings
- Skip silence (with threshold)
- Visualize audio signal (the only application on the Play store to display the right and left channels for stereo files)
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts or make basic arrangement
- Tag your recordings and edit metadata
- Share your recordings
- Convert your files « from » and « to » all available audio format (mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav) with all desired settings (sample rate, bite rate, mono/stereo, …)
- Choose your input (front microphone or back microphone)
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack : works with RØDE smartLav+, iRig Mic, iRig Cast or iRig Pre microphones or requires a TRRS adapter. cf FAQ)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- Hide notifications to discretly record
- Powerfull file manager (rename, delete, copy, move, sort files…)
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Control RecForge from the notification bar
- Supported audio format :
- 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
- mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav
- from 32 to 320 kbps
- mono / stereo (mono x2) / « true stereo » (cf supported devices)
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better audio quality
- Manual gain adjustment
- Language translations :
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Can I record phone conversations ?
RecForge cannot record phone conversations on most smartphones. But, you can test it as some few devices may be able to do it.
More generaly, this feature is not officially supported by Android.
Change the default RecForge directory
RecForge records in the last browsed folder (it keeps it in memory even when RecForge is closed).
By default, you only have access to the RecForge folder (usualy /sdcard/RecForge). To change this, go in the settings, choose « Limit folders browsing » and select :
- Int. SDCard – RecForge Folders : access to the internal SDCard RecForge folder only
- Int. SDCard – All Folders : access to all internal SDCard folders
- Ext. SDCard – RecForge Folders : access to the external SDCard RecForge folder only (with Android 4.4+, it’s the only location of the external SDCard where you’ll be able to record files)
- ext. SDCard – All Folders : access to all external SDCard folders
- All Folders : access to all folders (SDCard, external SDCard, …)
Then exit the settings and choose your prefered folder.